Mahara has been successfully upgraded to the latest version (1.7) at UC. As well as fixing hundreds of bugs, this gives us the following affordances:
Highlight: Using the rest of the web
Content in web applications such as Prezi, Youtube, Mindmeister, MS Skydrive, Google Docs, etc can now be made visible/accessible through your Mahara pages – much like you can embed a youtube video.
- Mobile: Mobile uploads support multiple devices, Mobile support for journal entries and attaching files to journal entries, Mobile support for syncing messages, tags, files, and journals
- Journals: Now have an "Unpublish" button for journal entries – removing these entries from any page they are on.
- Licensing: Ability to add license/copyright metadata to individual artefacts
- Sharing: Relocation of the "Shared pages" to the portfolio section, and renaming that option to "Shared with me", Renaming of "Share" in the personal portfolio to "Shared by me"
- Groups: Group information expanded: includes number of forums, topics and posts, Group admins can enable and view participation reports within groups
In addition – we have found some Mahara 1.7 how to videos from the University of London – these give students the basic overview of Mahara 1.7, and can be augmented with UC discipline specific videos if created.
We have added these videos to the Student Support page in Mahara as a resource you can point students to.