One thing I love about Mahara, and other open source projects, is that fact that any community member can contribute to almost any aspect of the project. Coding, documentation, translations, marketing, support, bug fixes, and wish-list items can all be contributed.
Some of the wish-list items I have submitted recently to the community for Mahara are below. These items are a direct result of observation of, and feedback from, our rapidly growing community of users.
A couple of these are heading for version 1.10 thanks to the people at Catalyst IT who actually write and review the code!
1) Adding a way to manage rows directly on a Mahara page, emulating the way columns can be managed.
2) Adding the ability to choose more than one tag when dropping journals onto a page by tag. (e.g. Profile AND Public). This avoids the need to create "frankenstein" tags that identify numerous aspects of a journal post in one tag.
3) An easier way to order pages in a collection - using drag and drop.
4) Simplify the copy collections process for students and staff by limiting the functions to copying collections (not pages as well). And show more details about the collection such as it's description and who has access to copy.
- Add a way to select local images for inclusion in text boxes.
- A way to add a page to more than one collection.
- Ability to sort pages to make them easier to find - e.g. sort by date modified, or popularity for example.